SCOPE OF THE B77 COMMITTEE'S WORK It is the responsibility of the American National Standards Accredited Committee B77 (ASC B77) to develop a system of principles, specifications, and performance objectives, which will reflect the current state of the art of passenger ropeway design, operation and maintenance, and which will be acceptable for adoption by government agencies and others. It is recognized that certain dangers and risks are inherent in the riding, operation, construction, and maintenance of machines of this type. These objectives are intended to result in passenger ropeways that are designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in a manner that minimizes danger and exposure to risk to its passengers, operators, and maintenance personnel, and will encourage improvements in productivity, efficiency, development and progress consistent with these objectives. Such a system with these stated objectives will constitute a safety standard.
- 2017 Annual Meeting Schedule Updated Oct 10, 2016
- Membership information may be obtained by contacting Sid Roslund.
- Purchasing a Standard - Order form for:
- ANSI B77.1 - 2011 Annex D - Signs
- To propose a change to the above standards, download or print one of the following forms, follow the instructions, and submit the form to Sid Roslund at the address below.
Questions or comments concerning the ASC B77 Committee should be directed to:
Director of Technical Services
National Ski Areas Association
(303) 986-2345 (FAX)