What is conversion? Conversion is simply the process of turning beginner skiers and riders into repeat customers, and ultimately lifelong enthusiasts of the sport. With this, NSAA has developed the Conversion Cup Challenge, a friendly competition among member ski areas that closely aligns with the industry's overall goals to grow the sport. NSAA's Conversion Cup Challenge is designed as a fun way to pique competition among member ski areas and recognize those who make significant efforts to boost skier and snowboarder conversion rates. As part of the competition, applicants must provide a detailed overview of their program designed specifically to increase skier and rider conversion rates.
2022 Conversion Cup Application Award Submission Tips
Some parameters judges look for when making their selections:
- Increase in Level 1 lesson volumes
- Level 1 lesson volumes in relation to total skier and snowboarder visits
- Quantifiable success of multi-lesson packages
- Season-to-date sales data on specific learn-to packages designed to drive repeat visitation
- Overall data collection capabilities and sophistication
- Marketing ingenuity, creativity, use of new media, etc.
The winning resort will receive a Conversion Cup trophy to keep on display at their ski area.
The Conversion Cup is graciously sponsored by: