Mountains are for everyone
Racism and inequality have no place in our communities or our nation.
NSAA joins with countless other voices in America in saying we can do better. We will not shy away from difficult conversations. It is our responsibility not only to listen, but to use our privilege to inspire action.
NSAA aims to serve as an asset to our members as we listen, learn and come together to act. We recognize that you are the voice of your brand to your staff, guests and the public. We will provide assistance by offering resources and education opportunities to the ski industry on issues of diversity, equity and inclusivity. We hope you will join the conversation, welcome and amplify diverse voices, and take action.
What NSAA pledges to do:
- Add more DEI content to our education programming
- Our team is working to bring DEI content from our National Convention to our members in upcoming virtual events
- Provide expanded DEI resources through our educational events and nsaa.org (in progress for September 2020 and May 2021)
- Increase DEI training amongst our staff (in progress for August 2020)
- Increase support for diversity in snowsports
- NSAA will continue to support non-profit associations dedicated to inclusivity and growth in snowsports and outdoor recreation
- In the last fiscal year, NSAA has donated $40,000 to Share Winter and $10,000 to the CHILL Foundation
Skiing and Outdoor Organizations
Support organizations or programs that address equality and diversity through partnerships or donations. NSAA has listed specific organizations which we have worked with or highlighted in our publications.
Are you part of an organization with a mission to broaden access to outdoor recreation? If you want to share your story or want to talk about how to make snowsports more inclusive - we are listening. Send us an email, and let's start a conversation.