Mountains are for everyone
Racism and inequality have no place in our communities or our nation.
NSAA joins with countless other voices in America in saying we can do better. We will not shy away from difficult conversations. It is our responsibility not only to listen, but to use our privilege to inspire action.
NSAA aims to serve as an asset to our members as we listen, learn and come together to act. We recognize that you are the voice of your brand to your staff, guests and the public. We will provide assistance by offering resources and education opportunities to the ski industry on issues of diversity, equity and inclusivity (DEI). We hope you will join the conversation, welcome and amplify diverse voices, and take action.
What NSAA pledges to do:
1. FACILITATE INTERNAL GROWTH
- Increase DEI training among our staff
- Conduct regular discussions around the topics of diversity, equity and inclusion
- See below for information on some of the trainings in which NSAA has invested
2. PROVIDE EDUCATION AND RESOURCES TO MEMBERSHIP
- Continue to feature content related to diversity, equity and inclusion in our education programming
- Invite diverse speakers to present at our education events
- Include DEI-related content and introduce diverse writers in NSAA Journal
3. LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- Support ski area and outdoor industry initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion in snowsports
- Support non-profit associations dedicated to inclusivity and growth in snowsports and outdoor recreation
Skiing and Outdoor Organizations
Support organizations or programs that address equality and diversity through partnerships or donations. NSAA has listed specific organizations which we have worked with or highlighted in our publications.
Are you part of an organization with a mission to broaden access to outdoor recreation? If you want to share your story or want to talk about how to make snowsports more inclusive - we are listening. Send us an email, and let's start a conversation.